Thursday 3 February 2011

The downside of being a Self-Employed Massage Therapist

Often I tell friends and family that I love not only being self-employed but working from home: setting my own hours, the oh so long commute from upstairs to my  massage therapy room downstairs (also used for male waxing and facials by the way), deciding to take a day off if I want to or have a lazy summer's afternoon if the whim takes me.

However more often than not it's quite the opposite..you end up working 7 days a week and long hours to boot. But when it comes to the middle of December, and people's minds turn to other matters...like partying hard and visiting family far away from my massage practise in Surrey..well then, dear reader, the business just dies. For two whole weeks at least.

Add in a tiny little bit of snow and well, I might as well go on holiday myself...

Thankfully it is now February and business is picking up again nicely. Phew!