Saturday 4 June 2011

How building work is affecting my masssage and male waxing business

For many months now we have been planning improvements to the home from which I work offering male waxing and male massage in Surrey.  We have done the dreaming part: wouldn't it be nice if... couldn't we just do... I'd really like a... etc, we have had the plans drawn up and approved by Woking Borough Council. And now the time has finally come for the builders to move in. Well time for them to start work anyway.

They were due to start later in June so I thought that I still had plenty of time to make alternative arrangements to working from home, but - for one reason or another - (lack of work?) the builders are starting sooner than anticipated so my plans for alternative working arrangements have not yet been finalised.

However here is my plan as it stands at the moment: I will work the odd day here and there along with another male massage therapist near Tottenham Court Road in London and the rest of  so-called "office hours" at the Spa at the fantastic 5 Star Brooklands Hotel in Weybridge.

Then for the evenings and weekends I will continue to work from home between Woking and West Byfleet. If you can put up with the dust and disruption! Please make sure you know where you will be going if you make an appointment between now and the end of July.