Tuesday 18 May 2010

Uniforms for a Massage Therapist

How difficult is it to get made-to-measure uniform for my hair removal by waxing and massage business in Surrey?


Here is a copy of a complaint letter to Inline London - bizarely based in Guildford, Surrey. Let's hope for a swift and satisfactory conclusion

"Dear Sir

I am absolutely appalled by the service which I have received from your company.

As a self-employed Massage Therapist, during a recent visit to an exhibition in London I visited your stand and was measured by one of your representatives for a a new brown tunic and matching trousers.

Eventually this arrived by post. The top was fine but the trousers were waist 34" (I am waist 30"); they were also 8 centimetres too long. I therefore returned the trousers (at my own cost), asking how these could have possibly been made to measure and pointing out that they were the wrong size.

A month and several phone calls later, I have now received a size 32" trousers which are still too long and too big in the waist. While I appreciate your policy on returns for made-to-measure clothing, my point - which I cannot get through to your employees - is that these trousers were NOT made to MY measurements.

The trousers are not "as described" or "fit for purpose" and therefore your company is in breach of the Sales of Goods Act 1979. Please either supply me with trousers that fit or refund me for the trousers, the postage and the tunic (which is no good on its own) within 14 days."